Sunday, December 18, 2011

AUTOGRAF New York City's Graffiti Writers

title:  AUTOGRAF New York City's Graffiti Writers
author & text:  Peter Sutherland, REVS
isbn: 1576872033
*printed and bound in Italy (omg I love Italians they make the best of everything, just peep my little sports car and year supply of hazelnut chocolate).
first edition, 2004


I fucking love this book; for not glamorizing graffiti, graffiti writers, keeping them in their natural habitat- not in a fucking gallery but on the street (how would the web generation immerse themselves into their genuine physical realm), failing to fully disguise them, revealing just enough but then too much.  Expressions captured may run on a continuum of pre-sorted emotional candor specifically adjusted for this monograph but none the less I must say there is an abundance of truth to that ethereal sullenness that feels so normal as a graff writer.  

.................this soundz so intense, nigguh pleaze! :)



Images of graffiti itself play a miniscule role in this book.
Female graffiti writer's are incredibly rare.  Few years back I saw this girls stuff on blocks out in Manhattan. Props due although I'm sure I got down way harder than her.  



You can tell me about Jesus any day.  God I love this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment